Are looking for a career shift or a new way to make money? Are you considering writing articles for a living? There are thousands of people who make a full time income with their writing, but 99% of the people who fail will not have the success that they are looking for unless they are willing to work extremely hard and smart.
Below are just a few hurdles that will get in your way -
1. The competition is tremendous for articles where you can be compensated very well. That means that you have to be better than a lot of people.
2. To make good money, you cannot just be a writer but you have to be very good at marketing yourself and marketing your writing.
3. No matter how low you can go on your prices, there will always be somebody who can go a lot lower than you are willing to go.
4. You will have to wait quite a while before you can make any decent money.
OK, if I have not scared you off yet, then we can start discussing how you can write articles for a living and get compensated at a rate of where you can live.
Here are some considerations if you want to write articles for a living -
1. Are you finances in order? - If you are going to start an article writing business, then you have to expect that you will not make money to support yourself for at least 90 days (probably longer). Are you in a position to support yourself during that period without having a lot of income coming in? This means that you should have a cushion of cash of at least 90 days if you are not going to be looking for an alternate income.
2. What if you are unemployed or do not have the cash? - I would suggest that you find a way to supplement your income in the meantime. That may mean finding employment and writing during your off hours. The thing is that if people do not have the basic financial structures in place to survive, they will have a lot of problems thriving in their business. As a result, your first priority should be to get your bills paid, even if that means that you are going to have to push your business back for a few months for a year.
3. Work on your business every day and whenever you can - There is no magic formula for success. You have to be better than the competition and the best way to differentiate yourself from the competition in the beginning is to be good at what you do. This means that you should be taking actions every day to get better, even if you don't want to. Find opportunities to work on your business during your free time. You will find that it will become very rewarding when you get good at what you are doing and you will find that you will soon be compensated for the work that you are doing.
Again, there is no magic formula that I, or anybody else, can give you to start being successful at writing articles for a living. However, if you are willing to put in the effort to develop your skills and to build your relationships, you may have a huge opportunity to have the success that you desire.